- My wife, Jan and I have been married for almost 53 years and we have three children, all residents of Pilot Point.
- I have previously served on the Pilot Point City Council for two terms and as Mayor of Pilot Point for two terms. I currently serve as the Place 3 Council representative.
- I am an active member of Calvary Baptist Church, where I first attended in 1960 and have since served as a Bible study teacher, church pianist, and deacon.
- As an educator: I worked for 27 years in the public school system as a teacher, principal and superintendent and retired as Superintendent of Joshua ISD in June of 2012 to return to Pilot Point in order to care for my ailing mother, who died later that year.
- In the healthcare sector (public and private): As a state employee I served as a contract manager for the Texas Department of Public Welfare in the Services to the Aging and Disabled program. In the private sector I worked as both a personnel manager and operations director for the Visiting Nurse Association of Texas. I was an administrator for the North Texas Home Health Agency, Maxicare HMO, and the Pilot Point Care Center (formerly known as Sundial Manor).
- I have been actively involved in numerous community endeavors including the NCTCOG Area Agency on Aging, the Pilot Point Community Library Board, the Pilot Point Community Opera House Board, The Pilot Point Museum Board, and the Pilot Point City Center Churches advisory group.