Pilot Point Post-Signal
The Post-Signal has been serving Northeast Denton County, Texas, and surrounding counties for more than 140 years. The newspaper was founded as the Pilot Point Post on August 31,1878. Through a series of mergers, it became known as the Pilot Point Post-Signal in November 1898 and has published under that name since. The Post-Signal is the oldest continuing business in Denton County and has been named a Denton County Heritage Business.
The Post-Signal has been owned since Sept. 1, 1974, by David and Pam Lewis, who publish the newspaper through their corporation, Lewis Newspapers, Inc. David Lewis is president of the company and serves as publisher.
The Post-Signal is the official newspaper of all five cities in the northeastern corner of Denton County: Pilot Point, Aubrey, Krugerville, Providence Village and Cross Roads. Our coverage area includes the Pilot Point, Aubrey and Tioga school districts.
Since 1974, The Post-Signal has won more publishing awards than any weekly newspaper in the area. The Post-Signal has won the Sweepstakes Award in the Texas Press Association Better Newspaper Contest seven times (1982, 1994, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2014 and 2020) and the North & East Texas Press Association Better Newspaper Contest six times (1985, 1992, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2020). These awards reflect our commitment to providing quality service to our area.
The Post-Signal, located at 111 E. Main in Pilot Point, is published on Fridays. Subscription and advertising rates are listed elsewhere on this website, as are contact names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses.