John Friday, Financial Advisor, Edward Jones Investments
Financial & Investment Services
1922 - 2022
Edward Jones is celebrating 100 years of impact!
Throughout our history, we have always worked to make a difference in our clients' lives, helping them achieve what matters most.
1922 Edward Jones opens office in St. Louis
Edward D. Jones Sr. establishes Edward D. Jones & Co. in 1922. His mission was to treat associates as partners and treat clients fairly by offering appropriate, quality investments. The firm's office in downtown St. Louis is a single room furnished with a desk, three chairs and a hat rack.
1948 - 1968 Son joins the firm, originates branch office concept
Ted Jones, Edward Jones Sr.'s son, returns to St. Louis after working in New York at a correspondent firm of Edward Jones. He becomes the firm's 18th broker, first based in the St. Louis suburb of Clayton, and then Montgomery City, Mo.
There he begins his career driving 150 miles a day visiting communities that dot the area, selling securities from the trunk of his car.
One such town, Mexico, Mo., becomes home to the firm's first branch office in 1957. The branch was the office of Warren ''Zeke'' McIntyre, a broker at Edward Jones.
In 1968, Ted Jones becomes the firm's second managing partner. He not only believed in service, but that Edward Jones should also be owned by its associates to give them a personal stake in the firm's success and allow them to pay attention to service, rather than to stakeholders.